This is Julian's blog, featuring news about Tecnologias en Desarrollo, South America and quite possibly the odd mention of Arsenal FC...

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Cochabamba Day and the Mambos





Yet another Bank Holiday! This time it is Cochabamba Day and we are celebrating the founding of the city. School children, government workers and the military were all out parading for approximately five hours, there was a mamouth concert in the stadium (still going on at 3 a.m. as I was going to bed) and my friends´ group (called “The Mambos”, some of whom are in the photo) are inaugurating new members.

In fact, it should be my turn, it is an honour to be invited to join the group, but I have switched my mobile phone off as I do not want to be located: as I am unable to participate in the large scale consumption of alcohol normally involved in the inauguration ceremony due to the strict ban imposed by my doctor as part of my various treatments, they were planning to cut my hair instead (and I suspect none of them are professional hairdressers). I have got quite attached to my long(ish) locks and I am not ready for the sacrifice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home